Design a site like this with WordPress.com
Get started

Safety Conscious

Last week, P6/7M spent time learning about the dangers of fireworks and sparklers as well as the impact of Bonfire Night on the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS.)  They were so concerned after viewing the SFRS Presentation that they asked to make posters to inform parents about the risks of sparklers.

We were all amazed to find out that sparklers burn at 1500’C.  That is 8 times hotter than boiling oil!

P6/7M felt that children under the age of 5 or 6 should not be given sparklers at all – many chose to use their posters to try to change what parents think about sparklers.  What do YOU think?

(Caution – some of their designs are not for the faint hearted!)

Many thanks to SFRS for such a great resource for P6/7 pupils.

For more information visit Fire Scotland

Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: